Health Care Sales and Customer Service Representative
Job Posting: Health Care Sales and Customer Service Representative
Spring Health | Get Well Clinic
Term: Full Time
Location: Sheppard Ave West and Bathurst, Toronto
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Provide an excellent customer service experience while offering reception, secretarial, administrative, and assistance to physicians, staff, and patients in a caring, tactful, confidential, efficient and supportive manner for a medical office.
- Promote and sell various health services and products to clients in a confident and reassuring manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Visit potential referring clinics and organizations for promotion, education and marketing purposes.
- Greet and register clients seeking medical attention in person, telephone, or online, including booking and retrieving patient charts according to established policies and procedures.
- Understand all health services and products the clinic offers. Be able to knowledgeably present, educate, market, and promote products and services to clients.
- Perform various medical office administrative tasks such as faxing, scanning, ordering, stocking and filing.
- Prepare billings, invoices, receive and process payments for OHIP, WSIB, private and other third parties as required and according to established policies and procedures.
- Reconcile accounts payable/receivables, and produce summaries, day sheets, and financial statements on a regular and timely basis.
- Assist in minor procedures.
- Keep the clinic clean and tidy.
Education and Qualifications
- Eligible to legally work in Ontario.
- High school graduate; with post-secondary education in university/college in life science or health related field or marketing preferred; or a diploma in medical office assistant.
- Understand and appropriate use medical terminology.
- Strong English proficiency required. Mandarin, Cantonese or another second language an asset.
- Previous experience in a medical practice environment is preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to navigate the healthcare system for clients seeking care in a primary care setting.
- Ability to multitask, be organized, be meticulous, and be able to work in a fast paced environment with precision, efficiency and speed.
- Proficiency in computer skills (desktop, and mobile devices; Windows, word processing, spreadsheets, Google Apps, typing, scanning, email, chat, web interfaces, mobile apps, mail merge)
- Typing skill: Minimum 40 words per minute, 200 character per minute.
- Previous experience with Oscar EMR is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic/computer privacy and security issues.
- Knowledge of OHIP, WSIB, IFH, chiropractic and other third party billings.
Use of own car for work with valid driver's license
We will receive applications and contact you further for an interview if you meet preliminary requirements.
No personal enquiries please.